2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of kristine kristine 1 year, 10 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kristine
    kristine
    Keymaster
    @kristine

No one enters into a marriage with divorce in mind, in fact, no single dates with the intention of breaking up after a while. They want to see it work but sometimes, it does not work out like that. So, what causes break up in that marriage, in that short or long term relationship?

Break up can occur if either of the couple have an issue with low self esteem, lack of self confidence which can make the partner feel unworthy of being loved. That can lead to over dependence on the other partner, which is definitely unhealthy

Another thing that can cause break up in a relationship is lack of trust; promises are not kept, words are broken or even outright lying.

All these can definitely break up a relationship

Profile photo of Jacy
    Jacy
    Keymaster
    @jacy

It takes two to make a relationship work..but only one, to make break things up. Couples break up for several reasons. The paramount one in my head is cheating and domestic abuse; at least, that was why Kenny and I broke up. There are definitely several other reasons, but these two are the right up my alley.

Profile photo of kristine
    kristine
    Keymaster
    @kristine

Well, it’s true that it takes two people to make a relationship work, I however find that even one person thinking clearly at any particular time can make a relationship work. But it becomes a burden if just one person has to be the sane one all the time. Which is where all the reasons you have given come in, domestic violence and cheating are deal breakers and can end a relationship¬† even if it is just once but it is the journey to that beating, to that infidelity, that actually started¬† it and the other person is also culpable for tolerating it.

What other reasons are there that make couples break up? :-(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.