The Love Lint – Relationship Forum and Dating website in Nigeria › Forums › Heartbreak Forum › Show, Not Tell: 10 Ways To Say "I love you" Without Words
September 22, 2016 at 12:11 PM #5466
Marriage and relationship experts agree on the importance of communicating love to our partners often and in a variety of forms. Sometimes words don’t do justice to all that you are feeling, sometimes your partner may want more than words. When these times happen and they will happen, here are 15 surefire ways to make sure your love for your partner is never in doubt.
- You’re never too old or married too long to make it clear that the two of you have still got it going on.
- Make Dinner: Not every time takeout, not every time go out for dinner, not every time allow Okon to do all the cooking, sometimes cook for your partner. Make something elaborate, dress up and light some candles.
- Compliments – Complimenting your partner’s appearance, looks, dressing and even work skills goes a long way to in saying how much you love them for who they are.
- Send a Thank You Email – Usually you would do this for clients or friends but people it is okay once in a while to write that special person an email just to appreciate them for all that they do.
- Pay attention. As in full-on and undivided. Not every minute of every day, but show up when it counts. Listen to how their day went and show that you are listening.
- Household Chores- This one is especially for the guys. Help your wives out especially if they also have a 9-5 job like you do. Take out the garbage, take the kids for ice cream and let her take a nap, take turns doing laundry and washing up after dinner. You will be leaving a good example for your kids as well.
Touch Your Partner: Touch is one of the best ways of communicating your feelings for someone. Hug your partner extra hard in the morning before they leave for work, kiss a little longer, hold their hand when you go out…it is always the little things that matter the most.
- Gifts: Surprise your partner with something you know they really want. Maybe she ahs been saving for that Kate Spade bag all month, buy it for her and surprise her. It doesn’t have to be something they want either, it can just be something useful and thoughtful.
- Validate them: Maybe they have this great idea for business sbut keep stalling because they don’t think they are up to it. Validate them, show them they can do it, believe in them and encourage them
- Be the first one to reach out after a fight. Don’t think for a minute that the first person to give ground is admitting fault. Marriage isn’t a game of chicken. It takes courage and kindness to yield.
- Talk about them to others:? Tell someone how talented, smart, loving, gracious she is. How patient he is with the kids. How he makes the best Banga soup in the world. Now that there is social media, be sure to loud it on Facebook. Make sure he overhears you.
Culled from http://forwardnigeria.com/10-ways-to-say-i-love-you-without-words/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.