“There’s nothing like the thrill of the chase.” – men everywhere But at what point do we realize our pursuit really just might be a wild goose chase? It should be obvious. But many men go through life shamelessly wasting their energy on a female who has absolutely zero interest in them. We have all been there.
Women can be so cruel when they waste your time. 20th Television In their defense, they do drop some not-so-subtle hints, admitting they’re stringing you along. However, as I type this, there is some guy who has too much pride to just throw in the towel and bow out of the chase gracefully.
Don’t be that guy. Here are 1o tell-tale signs she’s just not into you, bro:
1. One-Word Answers You: How was your day? Her: Good. You: What did you do? Her: Work. Bro, women love to talk. If she’s not talking to you, she’s talking to someone else. Consider this a “stop” sign, and do not proceed.
2. Long Wait Times Until She Texts You We’re Millennials: We sleep with our phones right next to us. If she takes two hours to text back, she WAS busy… busy ignoring you. Quit while you’re ahead, big guy. 3. Indecisiveness You: So, when can I see you again? Her: Soon. We’ll See. IDK, you tell me.
These are all code words for “never.” Just let it go, bro. A woman knows 15 minutes into the first date whether or not she has any interest in seeing you again. Or if the two of you haven’t met, she has an idea after the first conversation. If she wants to see you again, there will be definitive answers. If not, catch the hint.
4. Flakiness So, say she DOES actually agree to go out. But “something” comes up. Stuff happens. But then, it happens again. Leandro Crespi “Something” is always coming up. Let’s just be practical here.
5. She stands you up. She agreed to go out for a lunch date. As far as you know, it’s still on. She was a no call, no show. You’re at Noodles and Co., and you ordered your usual bowl of buttered noodles. You were even nice enough to go ahead and order her the Wisconsin Mac and Cheese she said she loves, assuming she’s just running late.
Thirty minutes go by, and she doesn’t even text you to say, “Hey, I’m running late.” You text her, but no answer. You call her and it goes straight to voicemail. She just doesn’t show. After you make sure she’s still alive and well, just take that loss and charge it to the game. Who the hell skips out on lunch at Noodles and Co.? She was a no show, and that’s unforgivable.
6. “LOL” Sorry, but she doesn’t find you funny… at all. “LOL” is just a courtesy laugh. You need an “LMAO” – at the very least – to be genuinely on to something. You’ll know just how funny she truly finds you with every additional “O” and crying emoji. “LOL,” however, is unacceptable.
7. “Hey” “Hey” isn’t going to cut it, either. If she’s as serious about you as you are about her, you’ll need at least two more y’s if she’s really down for you. Excitement levels are everything. Sure, with time, her interest can grow. She might even *gasp* text you first one day. But if it seems as if she’s just going through the motions in order to “not seem mean,” spare yourself the agony and cut ties. “Hey” is a surefire sign she’s indeed going through the motions.
8. She tells the most obvious lies, just because she can. You: So, what did you do this weekend? Her: Ooooh, nothing. Just chilled. Didn’t do anything. Her Instagram and Snapchat tell a different story, though. And it’s not like it matters whether she did anything or not. The point is, she lied for absolutely no reason. She didn’t even care enough to tell an intricate lie. Basically, she doesn’t care what you know or don’t know: You don’t matter, my dude. Accept this as fact, and act accordingly.
9. She never texts first. She’s just playing hard to get. She wants you to work for her. Or so you think. Mutual interest requires mutual effort. This isn’t the 1930s, and we’re not writing letters. It takes less than five seconds to send a text. You think the fact that you’re not worth five seconds of her time means she’s just testing you, huh? OK, bro.
10. She ignores you. You think she’s busy. But I think you’re stupid. Maybe she didn’t get your text. Maybe you’re stupid.